Own this product? Write a review!
How to Operate the CENTREX 3000 AF
Customer Reviews For This Product
The CENTREX 3000 AF is a central waterless, electric system. It is a great application for locations that have a limited source of water, but constant electricity. The system uses a heater in a sealed compartment underneath the unit to warm & evaporate liquid. A 35 watt fan directing air up the 2" vent stack, maintains a partial vaccuum within the unit assuring odorless operation.
These are extra high capacity units made for very heavy periodic use such as a cottage, or medium heavy daily use. The 3000 series units use Sun-Mar's Auto-Flow technology, which sets them apart from other central composting systems. Meaning that finished compost automatically moves from the drum to the collection chamber as the drum is rotated. This makes finished compost removal easier than ever.
Central systems allow you to have a traditional looking toilet, with the central composting unit placed in the level below the bathroom. Please take note that this system does not include the toilet fixture to be installed in the bathroom is sold separately.
All CENTREX 3000 family systems have been tested by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) and are certified to comply with NSF-ANSI Standard #41, the only North American performance standard for composting toilets. The NST only certifies composting toilet systems that are odorless and that produce clean, sanitary finished compost. Visit the NSF website to see the CENTREX 3000 family's NSF Certification Listings.
Operating Instructions for the CENTREX 3000 AF:
- At the time of initial start up, add some Compost Sure (peat bulking material) to the Bio-Drum along with some Microbe Mix.
- The composting toilet can handle any type of toilet paper.
- During continued use, add a cupful of Compost Sure per person, per day of use. Rotate the drum 5 or 6 full revolutions every 2-3 days of use. For shorter periods of use, rotate the drum when you leave.
- The unique Auto-Flow technology of the CENTREX 3000 AF, means that as compost becomes finished, it will automatically drop into the collection chamber, where it is kept separate from fresh material. The drawer on the collection chamber can be easily pulled out by hand to remove compost.
- After emptying the collection chamber, the compost should be moved into another bin where it can sit for 6 months to become fully finished and sanitized before use.
- Waterless central system electric unit
- Please note, the Centrex 3000 AF is comprised of the Centrex 3000 standard water flush unit plus an AF Waterless Conversion Kit. See Instruction Manuals below for more information.
- Requires a dry toilet, SOLD SEPARATELY
- Will evaporate all liquids under normal conditions, producing zero output
- Features extra large patented Bio-Drum™ for composting capacity of 8 adults (weekend use) or 5 adults (residential and continuous use)
- NSF tested and certified for a continuous 6 months at maximum rated capacity (click here to view NSF certification)
- Includes a thermostatically controlled heater to warm and evaporate excess liquid, and a fan assembly that maintains a partial vacuum to ensure odorless operation at all times
- All Centrex 3000 Family units feature 3-chamber technology that is unique from other Centrex central systems:
- The patented Bio-Drum™, where compost is mixed and aerated
- The Evaporating Chamber, where excess liquid is evaporated
- The Collection Chamber, where finished material automatically flows and can be removed easily when needed.
- Designed for use with dry toilet, SOLD SEPARATELY
- Only one toilet can be installed on the CENTREX 3000 AF system, because the toilet must be installed directly above the central composting unit
- View Dimensional Line Drawing
- View Centrex 3000 Instruction Manual
- View AF Waterless Conversion Kit Instruction Manual
- Composting Capacity:
- Residential & Continuous Use: 5 Adults or a Family of 7
- Weekend & Vacation Use: 8 Adults or a Family of 10
- Please note, family numbers above include both adults and small children
- Max Amps (with heater on): 3.6
- Fan Watts: 35
- Heater watts (when thermostat switches it on): 370
- Average Power Use in Watts (heater on 1/2 time): 200
- Vent & Drains:
- Vent Pipe: 2" Cent. Vac. tubing
- Drain: 1" O.D. (Drain only needs to be hooked up if unit is to be used heavily.)
- Unit Dimensions: 71" W x 27-1/2" D x 30-1/4" H (Note: This does include the Collection Chamber, which accounts for 13-1/2" of the 71" overall width)
- Dimensions of Shipping Carton for Main Unit: 60-1/2" L x 28" W x 36" H
- Dimensions of Shipping Carton for Collection Chamber: 24" L x 16" W x 23" H
- Rough-in Measurements:
- Depth required to remove finishing drawer: 45-1/2"
- Height from base of unit to top of waste inlet assembly: 35-1/2" (Note: Waste inlet is the "collar" at the top of the unit that the toilet drain connects into)
- Diameter of waste inlet (including flange): 10-3/4"
- Vent inlet center distance from rear of unit: 24"
- Vent inlet center distance from left side of unit: 37-3/4"
- Height to center of vent outlet assembly: 24-3/4"
- Unit shell is constructed of durable fiberglass
- Product Weight: 108 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 178 lbs.
- This product ships via common carrier truck line from Tonawanda, New York
- Limited Manufacturer's Warranty:
- 5 Years on shell
- 3 Years on all other parts
- For complete details, please see our Warranty Information page
Please note, there is a 20% restocking fee on all returns of this item. For complete details, please see our store Return Policy page.
NOTE: Free Ground shipping for contiguous United States (lower 48 states) only. Sorry, we do not ship outside the contiguous United States (lower 48 states).
Model: Centrex 3000 AF
Location: Installed in cabin in CO
Reviewed By: Pete & Carol Radcliff
Friends at Sun-Mar,
We'd like to say that we are enjoying our Centrex Plus A/F composting
toilet in our cabin in Clear Creek County, Colorado. With the drought
conditions that we in Colorado (and many of the Western States)
are experiencing, it has been great to know that we are doing our
part in water conservation. We installed our central unit during
the construction phase of our cabin and have been using it almost
every weekend and vacation since it was installed (over a year now).
It took very little effort to get used to the maintenance of the
unit. At first there was a bit of trepidation about how it would
all work... but everything has been working well and we have had
few problems. (The 7-and-a-half-feet of snow in the March Blizzard
of '03 was a bit hard on the roof vent stack, but that was a once-in-90-year
Thanks, Sun-Mar, for helping us save water, keeping our septic field
a "grey-water" system, and giving us a sense of helping
the environment. Our little part in saving an incredible 1.6 billion
gallons of fresh water with other Sun-Mar users everywhere.
See More Reviews for this product...
|Accessories for this product...