Own this product? Write a review!
How to Operate the CENTREX 2000 AF NE
Customer Reviews For This Product
The CENTREX 2000 AF NE is a non-electric, waterless central composting toilet system, ideal for those who are truly living off the grid. It requires a space below the toilet location to install the central composting unit. The unit can handle medium to heavy seasonal use or light residential use, due to a 50% larger Bio-Drum than the Centrex 1000 series. It operates odorlessly due to a 4" vent stack and 12 volt 2.4 watt fan, which draws air down the toilet seat and up the vent stack. Please note that the power source for this fan is not included.
Note** - With all central systems, you are purchasing the central composting unit that is installed on the lower level; the toilet fixture to be installed in the bathroom is sold separately.
All units in the CENTREX 2000 family have been tested by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) and are certified to comply with NSF-ANSI Standard #41, the only North American performance standard for composting toilets. This testing and certification guarantees that this system will operate odorlessly and produce a clean, dry compost that is safe and sanitary. Visit the NSF website to see the CENTREX 2000 family's NSF Certification Listing.
Operation steps for the CENTREX 2000 AF NE:
- Start Up -
- Add peat bulking material called Compost Sureto the Bio-Drum together with some Microbe Mix.
- Ongoing Use -
- Use your favorite toilet paper, as the composting system can process it wihtout a problem.
- Every day of use, add a cupful of Compost Sure per person.
- Every 2-3 days, rotate the drum 5 or 6 full revolutions. For weekend use, just rotate before you leave at the end of the weekend.
- When the Bio-Drum is half to 2/3 full, move some compost to the finishing drawer, by releasing the drum lock and rotating the drum backwords. Finished compost drops automatically into the finishing drawer, and most importantly, you never come into contact with fresh material.
- Leave the compost there for at least 4 weeks so it can finish and sanitize. It will be isolated from contamination by fresh material in the toilet.
- Four weeks later, you can remove the finished compost from the finishing drawer. No tools are necessary to open the drawer.
- Use your finished compost! Not sure what you do with the finished compost? Add it to your flower garden! The finished product is clean, dry, non-offensive, and sanitary. It will look and smell just like any other regular compost that might come out of a garden composter.
- Central system that does not need wateror electricity to operate
- Please note, the Centrex 2000 AF NE is comprised of the Centrex 2000 NE standard water flush unit plus an AF Waterless Conversion Kit. See Instruction Manuals below for more information.
- Works with dry toilet, SOLD SEPARATELY
- Will evaporate all liquids under normal conditions, producing zero output
- Features patented Bio-Drum™ for composting capacity of 5 adults (weekend use) or 3 adults (residential and continuous use)
- NSF tested and certified for a continuous 6 months at maximum rated capacity (click here to view NSF certification)
- Four inch vent stack and 12 volt 2.4 watt fan must be installed (power source for the fan is not included). These will maintain a constant airflow through the unit, ensuring odorless operation.
- All Sun-Mar units feature 3-chamber technology:
- The patented Bio-Drum™ - for mixing and aeriation of compost
- The Evaporating Chamber - For evaporation of excess liquid
- The Finishing Drawer -For separation of compost from unfinished material
- Designed for use with dry toilet, SOLD SEPARATELY
- Only one toilet can be installed on the CENTREX 2000 AF NE system, because the toilet must be installed directly above the central composting unit
- View Dimensional Line Drawing
- View Centrex 2000 NE Instruction Manual
- View AF Waterless Conversion Kit Instruction Manual
- Composting Capacity:
- Residential & Continuous Use: 3 Adults or a Family of 5
- Weekend & Vacation Use: 5 Adults or a Family of 7
- Please note, family numbers above include both adults and small children
- Unit comes with a 12 volt 2.4 watt fan that needs to be installed. Power source for the fan is not included.
- Vent & Drains:
- Vent Pipe: 4" sewer pipe
- Drain: 1" O.D. (Note: drain hookup is required on this unit)
- Unit Dimensions: 45-1/2" W x 26-1/2" D x 26-1/2" H
- Width required to turn handle: 49"
- Shipping Carton Dimensions: 47" L x 28-1/2" W x 36" H
- Rough-in Measurements:
- Depth required to remove finishing drawer: 45"
- Note: Waste inlet is the "collar" at the top of the unit that the toilet drain connects into
- Height from base of unit to bottom of waste inlet assembly: 26-1/4"
- Height from base of unit to top of waste inlet assembly: 31-1/2"
- Height of waste inlet assembly: 5-1/4"
- Diameter of waste inlet (including flange): 10-3/4"
- Vent inlet center distance from rear of unit: 11"
- Vent inlet center distance from left side of unit: 12"
- Height to top of vent outlet assembly: 32"
- Unit shell is constructed of durable fiberglass and ABS plastic
- Product Weight: 93 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 114 lbs.
- This product ships via common carrier truck line from Tonawanda, New York
- Limited Manufacturer's Warranty:
- 5 Years on shell
- 3 Years on all other parts
- For complete details, please see our Warranty Information page
Please note, there is a 20% restocking fee on all returns of this item, and original shipping charges are non-refundable. For complete details, please see our store Return Policy page.
NOTE: Free Ground shipping for contiguous United States (lower 48 states) only. Sorry, we do not ship outside the contiguous United States (lower 48 states).
Model: Centrex 2000 AF NE, Installed 2001
Location: Installed at summer cabin, Gulf Islands, BC
Reviewed By: Sandra Korpan
We were pleasantly surprised at the results the first time we emptied
the drawer of our Centrex 2000. The compost was not offensive at all.
The toilet is very easy to maintain. We use boiling water and your
"Compost Quick" to clean it. We have a solar powered fan attached to
it. We are very please with our investment, and feel that a composting
toilet is the only way to go in a setting such as this. However, we
also feel strongly that composting toilets should be introduced in "on
the grid" settings as well, because the make good ecological sense.
See More Reviews for this product...
|Accessories for this product...